Pet peeves. We all have them. Those little things that just make us want to snap on someone or do something like this:
Which got me thinking...why do the things that bother us, bother us? And then I dug even deeper and took a look at the things that really drive me insane. Like, make me want to shake a person and be like, "what's wrong with you?!"
So without further adieu, I bring you my 5 biggest pet peeves:
1. Bad grammar: Nothing is more annoying than people who don't know the difference between your/you're, there/their/they're, to/too, and me/I. Even worse? When I see it coming from a business owner! How can I take you or your company seriously when you can't even write a correct sentence? Oh and when people say "I haven't ate yet" or " I seen that somewhere". You haven't eaten yet and you saw that somewhere. UGH.
2. Loud chewing: Ever been in a quiet room and had the person next to you chomping on their cereal or slurping their milk? My husband is the worst. I will seriously leave the room if I can hear you chewing. And right up there with loud chewing comes flossing, brushing of teeth, and picking toe nails. Do it in private, people!
3. Liars: I will never understand the need to lie. I do not lie, no matter what the reason may be. I take responsibility for everything I do and if it's wrong, I suffer the consequences. Lying is for cowards.
4. One uppers: You know exactly who I'm talking about; those people that need to top your story with their own tragic event or amazing miracle. Their kid is smarter than yours, their sob story is worse than yours, and their daily struggles are more unbearable than yours. Here's the thing; they're probably lying. Most people I know like this just need to make themselves feel better by adding in their two cents and trying to make their lives seem more important than yours. These people usually get kicked to the curb or I change the subject right away.
5. Having to repeat myself: There's a huge difference between not hearing me, and not listening to me. If I have to tell you the same thing over and over again or repeat myself 100 times, I'm just going to stop telling you. Don't blame me when you can't get to the right place at the right time or forget something because you weren't listening!
What are your biggest pet peeves?! Please tell me I'm not alone in some of these...